|7.1+2 Channel HD Audio Codec with Content Protection
|The ALC889-GR/ALC889DD-GR is a high-performance multi-channel High Definition Audio Codec with Realtek proprietary loss-less content protection technology that protects pre-recorded content while still allowing full-rate audio enjoyment from DVD audio, Blue-ray DVD, or HD DVD discs.
The ALC889 provides ten DAC channels that simultaneously support 7.1 sound playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs. Three stereo ADCs and one stereo digital microphone converter are integrated and can support a microphone array with Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beam Forming (BF), and Noise Suppression (NS) technologies. The ALC889 incorporates Realtek proprietary converter technology to achieve 108dB Signal-to-Noise ratio (SNR) playback (DAC) quality and 104dB SNR recording (ADC) quality, and is designed for Windows Vista premium desktop and laptop systems.
All analog I/O are input and output capable, and headphone amplifiers are also integrated at six analog output ports (port-A to port-F). All analog I/Os can be re-tasked according to user’s definitions.
Support for 16/20/24-bit SPDIF input and output with up to 192kHz sample rate offers easy connection of PCs to consumer electronic products such as digital decoders and speakers. The ALC889 also features secondary SPDIF-OUT output and converter to transport digital audio output to a High Definition Media Interface (HDMI) transmitter.
The ALC889 supports host audio from the Intel chipsets, and also from any other HDA compatible audio controller. With various software utilities like environment sound emulation, multiple-band and independent software equalizer, dynamic range compressor and expander, optional Dolby® Digital Live, Dolby® PCEE program and DTS® CONNECT™, the ALC889 provides the highest sound quality, providing an excellent entertainment package and game experience for PC users.
- High performance DACs with 108dB signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighting)
- High performance ADCs with 104dB signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighting).
- Meets Microsoft WLP3.10 and future WLP audio requirements
- Ten DAC channels support 16/20/24-bit PCM format for 7.1 sound playback, plus 2 channels of concurrent independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel output
- Three stereo ADCs support 16/20/24-bit PCM format, multiple stereo recording
- All DACs supports 44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k/176.4k/192kHz sample rate
- All ADCs supports 44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k/176.4k/192kHz sample rate
- Primary 16/20/24-bit SPDIF-OUT supports 32k/44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k/192kHz sample rate
- Secondary 16/20/24-bit SPDIF-OUT supports 32k/44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k/192kHz sample rate
- 16/20/24-bit SPDIF-IN supports 32k/44.1k/48k/96k/192kHz sample rate
- All analog jacks (port-A to port-G) are stereo input and output re-tasking
- Port-A/B/C/D/E/F built in headphone amplifiers
- Port-B/C/E/F with software selectable boost gain (+10/+20/+30dB) for analog microphone input
- High-quality analog differential CD input
- Supports external PCBEEP input and built-in digital BEEP generator
- Software selectable 2.5V/3.2V/4.0V VREFOUT
- Up to four channels of microphone array input are supported for AEC/BF applications
- Two jack detection pins each designed to detect up to 4 jacks
- Supports analog GPIO2 to be jack detection for CD input which is used as 9th analog port
- Supports legacy analog mixer architecture
- Up to 3 GPIOs (General Purpose Input and Output) for customized applications. GPIO0 and GPIO1 share pin with DMIC-CLK and DMIC-DATA.
- Supports mono and stereo digital microphone interface (pins shared with GPIO0 and GPIO1)
- Supports anti-pop mode when analog power AVDD is on and digital power is off.
- Content Protection for Full Rate loss-less DVD Audio, Blue-Ray DVD and HD-DVD audio content playback (with selected versions of WinDVD/PowerDVD)
- Hardware Zero-Detect output volume control
- 1dB per step output volume and input volume control
- Supports 3.3V digital core power, 1.5V or 3.3V digital I/O power for HD Audio link, and 5.0V analog power
- 48-pin LQFP ‘Green’ package
- Compatible with Windows Vista Premium (complies with Microsoft WLP requirements)
- WaveRT-based audio function driver for Windows Vista
- EAX™ 1.0 & 2.0 compatible
- Direct Sound 3D™ compatible
- A3D™ compatible
- I3DL2 compatible
- HRTF 3D Positional Audio (Windows XP only)
- 7.1+2 channel multi-streaming enables concurrent gaming/VoIP
- Emulation of 26 sound environments to enhance gaming experience
- Multi bands of software equalizer and tool are provided
- Voice Cancellation and Key Shifting effect
- Dynamic range control (expander, compressor and limiter) with adjustable parameters
- Intuitive Configuration Panel (Realtek Audio Manager) to enhance user experience
- Provides 10-foot GUI for Windows Media Center
- Microphone Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Noise Suppression (NS), and Beam Forming (BF) technology for voice application
- Smart multiple streaming operation
- HDMI audio driver for AMD platform
- Dolby® PCEE program™ (optional software feature)
- DTS® CONNECT™ (optional software feature)
- SRS® TrueSurround HD (optional software feature)
- Fortemedia® SAM™ technology for voice processing (Beam Forming and Acoustic Echo Cancellation) (optional software feature)
- Creative® Host Audio program (optional software feature)
- Voice recognition and Realtek proprietary API (SkyTel) is supported (Optional software feature)
- Desktop multimedia PCs
- Laptop PCs
Download Page Links