This product is covered by one or more of the following patents:
US5,307,459, US5,434,872, US5,732,094, US6,570,884, US6,115,776, and US6,327,625.
The RTL8150L controller is a 48-pin LQFP single chip that supports USB to 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet function. To connect to Home PNA 1.0 PHY, the 100-pin RTL8150LM provides MII interface supporting the MII transmit clock from 0.1 MHz to 25 MHz.
The Realtek RTL8150L(M) is a highly integrated and cost-effective single-chip Fast Ethernet controller that provides USB to Fast Ethernet capability, and full compliance with IEEE 802.3u 100Base-T specifications and IEEE 802.3x Full Duplex Flow Control. It also supports power management for modern operating systems that is capable of Operating System Directed Power Management (OSPM) to achieve the most efficient power management. Besides the PM feature, the RTL8150L(M) also supports remote wake-up (including AMD Magic Packet*, LinkChg, and Microsoft wake-up frame).
For sake of cost-effective, the RTL8150L(M) only requires one 25MHz crystal as its internal clock source, and requires no "glue" logic or external memory.
The RTL8150L(M) keeps network maintenance cost low and eliminates usage barriers. It is the easiest way to connect a PC to the computer network without opening the cover, adding cards, reconfiguring software, or any of the other technicalities.
- RTL8150L supports 48 pins LQFP
- RTL8150LM supports 100 pins LQFP
- Integrated Fast Ethernet MAC, Physical chip and transceiver in one chip
- Supports 10 Mb/s and 100 Mb/s N-way Auto-negotiation operation
- Single-chip USB to Fast Ethernet controller
- Compliant to USB interface ver 1.0/1.1
- Full-Speed (12 Mb/s) USB Device
- Supports all USB standard commands
- Supports Suspend/Resume detection logic
- Supports 4 endpoints
1 control endpoint with maximum 8-byte packet
1 bulk IN endpoint with 64 bytes/packet
1 bulk OUT endpoint with 64 bytes/packet
1 interrupt IN endpoint with 8 bytes/packet
- RTL8150LM supports MII interface
- Supports Wake-On-LAN function and remote wakeup (Magic Packet*, LinkChg and MicrosoftR wake-up frame)
- 18K bytes SRAM built in (2k bytes for Tx buffer, and 16k bytes for Rx buffer)
- Uses 93C46 to store resource configuration, ID parameter,etc.
- Supports LED pins for various network activity indications
- Half/Full duplex 10/100Mbps operation
- Supports Full Duplex Flow Control (IEEE 802.3x)
- Uses 25MHz crystal as the internal clock source
- 5V power supply