|USB 2.0 SD/MMC/MS/MSPRO/xD-Picture & Smart Card/SIM Card Reader
The RTS5169 is a high performance USB 2.0 compliant card-reader that supports SD/MMC cards, MS/MSPRO cards, xD-PictureTM cards, and Smart Card/SIM cards. The RTS5169 integrates a USB 2.0 transceiver, MCU, DC-DC regulators, and memory card access unit into a single chip.
Supported SD/MMC series memory cards are: Secure Digital TM (SD), Multi-Media CardTM (MMC), MicroSD, SDHC, MiniSD, RS-MMC, Mobile-MMC, and MMC-Micro.
Supported MS/MSPRO series memory cards are: Memory Stick TM (MS), Memory Stick ProTM (MS-Pro), and M2.
Supported xD-PictureTM series memory cards are Type M, Type M+, and Type H.
The RTS5169 integrates a traditional flash memory card reader with a smart card reader into one USB device. This supports simultaneous access to memory cards and smart cards, offering users greater convenience and greatly reducing BOM costs.
The SIM Card Reader with SIM editor AP helps users to backup/restore a SIM Card phonebook to/from a PC. Our integrated unit allows users to access both MicroSD and SIM cards at the same time.
The RTS5169 integrates 5V-to-3.3V, 5V-to-3V, and 3.3V-to-1.8V regulators, MOSFET switches to dramatically reduce system BOM costs even further.
- Complies with USB Specification 2.0 Full-Speed and High-Speed transfer mode.
- Complies with USB Mass Storage Class Bulk only Transport Specification Rev. 1.0
- Complies with USB CCID Transport Specification Rev. 1.1
- Supports USB bus power operation
- Supports several endpoints:
- Control endpoint
- Mass Storage Bulk Out endpoint
- Mass Storage Bulk IN endpoint
- CCID Interrupt IN endpoint
- CCID Bulk Out endpoint
- CCID Bulk IN endpoint
- Supports the following memory card interfaces:
- Secure Digital TM (SD), MultiMediaCard TM (MMC), Mini-SD, Micro-SD (T-flash), RS-MMC,
- Memory Stick TM (MS), Memory Stick PROTM (MS-PRO), MS Duo, MS-PRO Duo, Micro-MS (M2)
- Supports hardware CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) function
- Supports SD version 2.0
- Support MMC version 4.2
- Supports MS-PRO v1.02
- Supports MS v1.43
- Supports xD-Picture v1.2
- Integrated Fast 8051 microprocessor
- Supports the following asynchronous and synchronous smart card interfaces
- Complies with all sections of ISO7816 (both T=0 and T=1 asynchronous card supported).
- EMV2000 (EMV 4.1) compatible
- Complies with PC Smart Card industry standard: PC/SC1.0 and PC/SC 2.0
- Supports 2-wire, 3-wire, or I2C Interface synchronous card
- Atmel: AT88sc1608, AT88sc153
- Atmel: AT24c128, AT24c256
- ST: M14C16, M14C04
- Siemens 2-wire link protocol: sle4432/42
- Siemens serial 3-wire bus: sle4418/28
- Configurable hardware auto error detection
- Supply Voltage for Card: 5V, 3V, 1.8V
- Supports Class A/Class B/Class C operating class as defined in ISO/IEC
7816-3:1997 and ISO/IEC 7816-3:1997/Amd 1:2002.
- Supports CCID Linux driver working on Kernel 2.4.x and 2.6.x
- Red Hat: Fedora Core (1~6), Red Hat 9, Red Hat Enterprise Edition (3, 4)
- Novell: SuSE 10, SuSE 10.1, OpenSUSE 10.2
- Ubuntu: Ubuntu 6.06, Ubuntu 6.10
- Mandriva: Mandrake 10.2, Mandriva 2006, Mandriva 2007
- Debian: Debian 3.1
- 12MHz crystal oscillator with integrated PLL
- On-chip 5V to 3.3V regulator
- On-chip 5V to 3V regulator
- On-chip 3.3V to 1.8V regulator
- On-chip MOSFET components for direct power control of memory card
- Supports Spread Spectrum Clock (SSC) for SD/MMC and MS/MSPRO to reduce EMI effect
- Supports pure Smart Card Reader mode
- 48-pin LQFP package capability for one-LUN Memory Card Reader and SIM Card